- New Revised Standard Version
This is among the most accurate of translations. It is used in Mass readings in Canada.
- Today’s English Version
This version of the Bible was created to be used by children and those who had English as a second language
- The New American Bible
This is the official translation of the Bible recognized by the Roman Catholic Church in the United States
- Vatican II Documents
The official documents of the Second Vatican Council (1963-1965) This council has shaped the Church over past 50 years.
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC)
A compilation of the official teachings of the Catholic Church. It was written in the 1990’s.
- General Directory for Catechesis (1998) (GDC)
The basis of faith formation from cradle to grave. Sections 85-86 give us the six tasks of catechesis which provide the strands for the Elementary Religious Education Curriculum.
- Evangelii Gaudiam (The Gospel of Joy)
- Laudato Si’ (Praised be)
- Amoris laetitia (On Love in the Family)
ICE (Institute for Catholic Education)
- See also a visual guide to ICE documents
- Religious Education Curriculum-Secondary
The Curriculum policy document for Secondary Religious Education for Ontario Catholic Schools.
- Religious Education-Elementary
The Curriculum policy document for Elementary Religious Education for Ontario Catholic Schools.
- Family Life Education-Elementary
The Curriculum policy document for Elementary Family Life Education for Ontario Catholic Schools.
- Ontario Catholic Graduate Expectations
A set of statements defining the characteristics of Ontario High School Graduates. They Are “used as a framework for designing Ontario Catholic curriculum, in the development of youth leadership, teacher education and administrative programs and to support the work of local board initiatives.” Supporting Resources are found at http://www.iceont.ca/page13015019.aspx
ACBO (Assembly of Catholic Bishops of Ontario)
- Family Life Resources
Resources for Fully Alive, the Elementary Family Life Program
- Pastoral Guidelines to Assist Students of Same-Sex Orientation
Teachings and strategies on ministering to students of same-sex orientation.
Ontario Catholic School Trustees Association
- Catholic Education Week Kits
Every May, Catholics celebrate Education Week. These resources contain prayers, lessons and faith development activities.
Ontario Ministry of Education
- Curriculum Resources
Provincial curriculum documents in various subjects and strategies such as Character Education and Equity.
Catholic Curriculum Corporation
- Visual Guide to CCC Resources
A summary of key resources produced by the CCC.
- Today’s Liturgical Readings
Readings for Mass for each day of the year.