Video Divina is a type of prayer that uses videos, movies, televison, or clips from them to deepen our relationship with God. This form of prayer resembles Lectio Divina in that there is a deep exploration of media and a search for God’s voice speaking to us in the experience. It can be an individual or communal experience.
Over the past two months we have shared Song Prayers on CARFLEO that can be used for Video Divina. Recently we have included reflection questions to guide the viewers reflection.
Process for Video Divina
- Begin by praying to the Holy Spirit for guidance.
- View the video. Pay attention to any feelings that were evoked; any scenes that were memorable, and any questions that arose.
- Contemplate in silence or as a group the feelings, memorable scenes and questions.
- Investigate any resource material provided or listen to a facilitators explanation.
- In silence meditate on how God was present in the experience.
- Write or discuss your insights or conclusions about how this experience can support your faith journey.
You can use this process to explore the nature of prayer.
The video is Alison Krauss and Union Station’s “A Living Prayer” The resource article is “Be a Living Prayer” by Fr. Daniel Horan.