This is not a quiet, reflect song but rather a joyous celebration of the beauty of creation by Irish rock band, Hothouse Flowers.
- How did you react to this video?
- What aspects of creation do you find most beautiful?
- What elements of scripture and Church history and teaching do you are reflected here?
- What change in people’s behaviour does the song imply?
- How is the sacred found in this experience?
- There is one troubling line in this song: “Set free your morals, It should be written on every door” Do you think the writers of the song are advocating doing whatever you want?
To read a commentary on this song see Thing of Beauty: Hothouse Flowers. Seeing With the Eyes of God