Sand and Water is Beth Neilsen Chapman’s account of her response to her husband’s death and the responsibility of raising their son by herself. It is a song about grieving and searching for meaning in loss. It is a song of extraordinary vulnerability, power and beauty.
Video Divina Reflection Questions for Sand and Water
- How did you react to viewing this video?
- The singer expresses several different emotions. What are they?
- What emotions can you identify from your own experiences?
- How does this experience help you to relate with other people?
- What would Jesus say to the writer of this song?
- Where do you find God in viewing this song?
Links to Bereavement Resources