Dan Schutte, the well known liturgical musician, has created a virtual worship resource for this year.
Worshiping with the Communion of Saints
As we try to make our way through this worldwide pandemic, we’re learning new ways of being together while trying to stay physically apart. This situation affects all aspects of our lives, including the way we worship. As we approach the days of Easter Triduum, perhaps we can imagine being together for those holy days as the Communion of Saints. Through music and images we can still make our Paschal journey together while still being apart. Let us hold each other close during this time. Resources
See also his article in the National Catholic Reporter with many of these resources.
From Living With Christ, free downloads of Daily Mass texts: Thursday, April 9th – Friday, April 10th – Saturday, April 11th – Sunday, April 12th – Monday, April 13th
Visio Divina for Holy Thursday from CARFLEO: Jesus Washing of the Feet of Peter
Stations of the Cross Information from the Archdiocese of Toronto
- Scriptural Stations of the Cross from the USCCB
Presented as an alternative to the traditional stations and as a way to reflect more deeply on the Scriptural accounts of Christ’s passion
- Video Stations of the Cross based on the Psalms
Video guide that uses the Psalms as a tool to reflect on the Stations of the Cross
- Virtual Stations of the Cross at St. Michael’s Cathedral Basilica
Fr. Ed Curtis and Fr. Matthew McCarthy prayerfully meditate on Christ’s suffering and sacrifice (download PDF program)
- Stations of the Cross adapted for children
- On Good Friday (April 10, 2020) Pope Francis will preside over the Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross). This year’s meditations were prepared by prisoners from a penitentiary in Padua, Italy. The faithful may access the full text at any time and follow the Holy Father in the service via live video at 9:00 p.m. Rome time (3:00 p.m. Eastern Time).
COVID-19: Decree regarding the celebration of the Easter Triduum
The Congregation for Divine Worship releases a Decree dated 25 March, updating “the general indications and suggestions already given to Bishops” in a previous decree from 19 March.
CARFLEO Song Reflections that can be used for Prayer Reflections
Holy Thursday: Servant Song | To Be A Servant | One Bread, One Body | Ubi Caritas
Good Friday: Were You There | Jesus Remember Me
Holy Saturday: Be Still |
Easter Sunday: Agnus Dei (Being developed) | Peace Prayer (Being developed)
Easter Monday: Open the Eyes of My Heart (Being developed)
10 Ways to Help Children Appreciate the Triduum Joyce Donohue – Loyola Press