1 The Elementary Religious Education Curriculum Policy Document was released in the fall of 2012. It is available from the Institute for Catholic Education website. Institute for Catholic Education – Ontario Catholic Elementary Religious Education Policy Document Grades 1-8
2 The Catholic Curriculum Corporation created inservice materials that act as a guide for understanding the new Curriculum policy document.
- Elementary Religious Education User Guide Module A – Introduction Speaker Notes
- Module A – Placemat
- Module B – New Evangelization Speaker Notes
- Module B – Graphic Organizer
- Module C – Six Strands Speaker Notes
- Module C – Placemat
- Pearson Canada is developing Curriculum resources to support the program including textbooks, teacher guides and electronic supports. See their Catholic Resources pages for updates. The series will be called Growing in Faith, Growing in Christ.
- Renfrew Catholic CDSB has provided resources and weblinks to support the new curriculum document document.
- Les Miller (CARFLEO) has books that support teachers in understanding the sometimes challenging theological concepts and ideas in the RE Policy Document. See the Catholic Teachers Companion and Foundations of Our Faith series.
- Sr. Pat Carter (CARFLEO) has been compiling a series of insights in her weekly newsletter. Look for a companion resource over the next few days. See her page on the carfleo.com website. https://carfleo.com/catholic-culture/